At Dorset Council we:
- provide more than 450 services to over 300,000 residents
- have ambitious aspirations
- are excited about our future
- care about Dorset and all the people who live here
- know that all roles make a difference and that our employees are key to our success
- are forward-thinking, ambitious and embrace positive change
- have access to a range of employee benefits
- be part of an organisation that supports each other to grow and succeed
We value the wide variety of perspectives, skills and experiences that our people share.
Dorset is a uniquely beautiful part of the country and a great place to work.
Our employees' stories
James Weir a Senior Conversation OfficerDorset’s historic buildings and landscapes are a sweet shop of delights and every day my role lets me try something new. I love being part of a great team that works hard to manage change to Dorset’s heritage in a way that keeps it meaningful and beautiful for future generations.
David Trotter a Risk and Resilience OfficerWorking within Assurance and Resilience I’m a category one first responder acting as a Crisis Management Officer when I’m on call. I’m also the project officer for the Excess Deaths Advisory Group and Mass Fatalities Management Coordination Group.
I particularly enjoy the variation my role brings, and how each day is different. It also gives me the opportunity to use creative innovation and to produce something new.