Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights that may be exercised free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, or find out more visit our data protection page.
To find out more about what we do with personal information, you can view Dorset Council's privacy notice
Cookies used on Dorset Council
|Dorset||Indicates whether the cookie bar has been accepted.||Session||Zengenti|
|hidden||Registers whether an alert has been read and hidden.||Session||Zengenti|
|localisedData||Deals with the localisation in the header.||Session||Zengenti|
|shortlist||Deals with the Adult social care shortlist.||Session||Zengenti|
Cookies across all sites
We use live chat software on our website, this is provided by Click4Assistance, a 3rd party UK based Software Company. View information regarding how the data is processed and stored.
A summary of cookies used by our specific branded applications. These will be updated as and when the web services change. Please note that most of them also use Google Analytics cookies, just as our main site does.
Newsroom - a cookie is used for each visitor to identify them as a new or returning visitor
- My Local - providing information that is specific to your postcode
These cookies are deleted when you leave Dorset Council
- East Dorset planning
- Purbeck planning applications
various Dorset Council e-forms including the Dorset Waste Partnership non-standard collection form . This software is supplied by Firmstep
Third party cookies
These are cookies set by other websites whose services we use on Dorset Council
Google Analytics - we use Google Analytics to gather aggregated information to understand how visitors engage with Dorset Council. Knowing which areas of content are most popular allows us to organise our content accordingly, making it easier for customers to find what they are looking for. The data is collected anonymously, reporting website trends without identifying individual visitors. The data collected is very helpful to us in improving this website, but you can opt out if you wish.
Jobs in Dorset - our jobs and recruitment functionality is provided by Abacus Recruit. These pages use three cookies:
- ASP.NET_SessionId - This identifies the information for your browsing session
- HighContrast - this tells the system if you have chosen to use the high contrast scheme
- InternalJobsCookie - This tells the system which users are allowed to see jobs that have an 'Internal Job' indicator set to yes
YouTube (Google) - we embed some videos from our Dorset Council YouTube account to provide add value to certain areas of content. A YouTube cookie is used to provide web analytics in terms of the number of times a video has been watched and/or shared.
How do I change my cookie settings?
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers:
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer's website.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.