Case studies and renewable energy deployment in Dorset.
There are currently over 15,000 householder, business and community renewable energy installations in Dorset. They collectively generate 5.5% of total energy consumption in Bournemouth, Christchurch, Dorset and Poole and help retain around £60m per year in the local economy. Below are some sources of information about renewable energy deployment and installations in the County.
- the Dorset Energy Partnership produces an annual report with more background to renewable energy developments in Dorset and progress towards the 7.5% by 2020 local renewable energy target
- independent not-for-profit company Regen SW produces an annual Renewable Energy Progress Report (opens in a new window), which includes data for Bournemouth, Christchurch, Dorset and Poole (jointly collated as Dorset)
- Dorset Explorer has a renewable energy layer showing all of the Renewable Energy installations in the county. To find the layer: select the 'Layer Control' icon on the right hand side (third icon down), then the 'Renewable Energy' folder towards the bottom of the list. Select 'All Renewable Energy Sites'. Each dot on the map is a renewable energy installation. Click on the dots to find out details of each project (in construction, installed, refused/at appeal)
- Unpacking Renewable Energy Technologies for Dorset is a supplement to the Bournemouth, Dorset and Poole Renewable Energy Strategy to 2020, and provides an overview of renewable energy technology opportunities in Dorset
Renewable energy case studies
- Corbin Industries of Bridport creating opportunities for local people
- The Piddle Valley, a net exporter of renewable energy
- Good Energy, actively supporting community benefits
- Dorset Community Energy, community-financed PV for schools and community buildings