Dorset's Renewable Energy Strategy
Renewable Energy Strategy to 2020
View the Bournemouth Dorset and Poole Renewable Energy Strategy to 2020.
It is being implemented by the Dorset Energy Partnership (formerly the Dorset Energy Group).
It supersedes the original Bournemouth, Dorset and Poole Renewable Energy Strategy (2005).
The strategy sets the agenda for renewable energy in Bournemouth, Dorset and Poole to 2020. It shows 6 priority areas where we need to focus our efforts:
- priority 1: Supporting the development of community renewable energy
- priority 2: Maximising the local economic benefits of renewable energy generation
- priority 3: Creating a more supportive planning system for renewable energy
- priority 4: Developing locally appropriate technologies
- priority 5: Delivering leadership and partnerships that support renewable energy
- priority 6: Improving renewable energy communications and learning
The strategy includes three supporting documents including:
- Policy context for renewable energy in Dorset final. A summary of key policies affecting renewable energy deployment in Bournemouth, Dorset and Poole
- Renewable Energy Resource Assessment for Bournemouth Dorset and Poole. Outlines the renewable energy resource assessment that was done whilst this strategy was made
- Unpacking the technologies final version. This explains the potential for each renewable energy technology in Bournemouth, Dorset and Poole
For further information please contact the Community Energy Team Leader.