Costs and payment for post 16 travel assistance
See the cost for travel assistance for post 16 education for:
- 2017 to 2018 - £640
- 2018 to 2019 - £675
- 2019 to 2020 - £715
The price will be 50% less for sixth form students who:
- are a resident in the Dorset Council area; this applies even if they are attending a school or sixth form in another authority
- are under 19 on 31 August immediately before the start of the academic year or under 25 for those with an education, health and care plan
- live over 5 miles from their nearest or most appropriate school or sixth form
- are in full time education (16 hours or more over 3 or more days a week)
The following must also apply:
- their immediate family must get the highest level of Working Tax Credit or qualify for free school meals
- the student must have had a compelling medical need before post 16 education that required transport support*
*A case must have been made for it to continue. This applies to the nearest school or college only. You must also give evidence with your application from an appropriate Medical Officer. For full details see the post 16 transport policy.
How to pay
We will contact you to arrange payment once we process your application. We will offer you the opportunity to pay in one lump sum or instalments. You can pay by Direct Debit.
If you do not keep up to date with payments, we may withdraw your student's travel pass.
You can request a refund if the student's circumstances have changed. For example if they have moved house.