Contact with looked after children during the coronavirus emergency
At Dorset Council Children's Services we appreciate that spending time with your children is important. We want to support you to have a good experience.
The news about the coronavirus (COVID-19) is changing daily and we need your help. Do not attend contact with your children if you have:
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough
- a diagnosis of suffering from COVID-19
- been in close contact with someone who's diagnosed with COVID-19
- started self-isolating
Let us know in good time if you do not feel able to attend due to illness.
Follow this simple advice before or during contact
- wash your hands with soap and water often and for at least 20 seconds
- wash your hands every time you get home or into work
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve, not your hands, when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
Find more information about COVID-19 from NHS.
Changes to your current contact schedule
As a parent you may choose to cease direct contact with your child at this time because of concerns you may have about yours or your child's health.
Help us to help you and make contact with your child's allocated social worker if you want to make changes to the current contact shedule.
There may also be times when we have to suspend contact with your child because they, or their carer, have become unwell or they're self-isolating. We'll try our best to arrange contact in a different way, for example:
We'll let you know as soon as we can if this is going to happen.
Contact your child's allocated social worker if you have any queries or concerns.
Find information, resources and support during the coronavirus for care experienced children and young people
We've brought together useful information and resources to support you through this time.