We always want to improve our services. We want you to tell us what you think by letting us know:

  • when we are doing a good job
  • when you think we could do better

Our customer promise tells you the level of service you can expect from us.

We aim to give our customers good services, but sometimes things go wrong. When this happens, we want you to tell us so that we can try and put things right.

Before you start

The best way to sort out many problems is to contact the service directly. Where possible, a member of our service team will do their best to resolve the issue for you.

Contact details are available in letters or emails we have sent you or in our contact us section.

Common tasks that are not complaints:

If you are still unhappy, you can make a complaint so that we can look into the matter further.

Make a complaint

To make a formal complaint submit our form:

Start now

We follow a standard complaints procedure. We have separate policies for adult and childrens' social care matters.

Or you can write to us 

Complaints Team
Business Reply Licence number RRYH-AGJZ-TRGG
Colliton Park

Or by phone

Contact our Customer Services team: 01305 221000

What happens next

We will let you know we have your complaint within 3 working days. We will then try to resolve your complaint for you wherever possible.

We will consider your complaint against the appropriate procedure depending on what your complaint is about. You will receive a response within the relevant timescale for that policy. 

If we need more time to investigate your complaint we will contact you to let you know when we expect to have a final response for you.

Once we have investigated:

  • we will apologise, and look to put things right if we have failed to provide the level of service you should expect
  • you can ask the Local Government Ombudsman to look at your complaint if you are still unhappy