Review and comment on Traffic Regulation Orders in consultation
Traffic Regulation Orders (TROs) are legal documents which accompany new restrictions on the road and enable them to be enforced.
TROs have to follow a legal procedure which ensures that they can be introduced appropriately, the process generally includes:
- Initial consultation. The local county councillor, Dorset Police representative and parish and town councils are consulted and need to give their full support of the proposal prior to any public advertisement
- 'Draft Order' stage - public advertisement of Draft Notice and consultation period. Each 'Draft' Order is publicly advertised in the local press, posted on the street and available online. Comments for or against the scheme must be made within three weeks
- Authority to proceed. If no objections are received, then authority to proceed can be obtained from senior management. If there are objections, these are reported to the appropriate Committee who make a recommendation to Cabinet. This may be to proceed as advertised, make modifications to or abandon the proposal altogether
- 'Made Order' stage - making of Order. When approval has been granted, the Order is then legally signed and sealed before it becomes operational. The 'Made' Order is then re-advertised and six weeks are given to challenge it in the High Court on procedural grounds.
Traffic Regulation Orders in consultation
- you can support, object or comment on any advertised Orders below at any time up to and including the closing dates shown
- it is not a legal requirement that we display Orders on this website and so please allow for a delay on some occasions in the information becoming available
- copies of public notices are advertised in the local area press as well as online
- comments both for and against will be anonymised before being made available for inspection by members of the public and committees
Due COVID-19, our offices are closed to the public and it is not possible to view TRO documents in paper format in these settings. If you require the documents in an alternative format to that available on our website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Traffic Regulation Orders:
Shaftesbury - various roads - Traffic Regulation Order reference: TRO/2021/Shaftesbury
The County of Dorset (Various Roads, Shaftesbury) (Traffic Management) Order No. , 202’
Comment on Traffic Regulation Order Reference: TRO/2021/Shaftesbury
You can support, object or comment on this Traffic Regulation Order until Friday 23 April 2021.
Back to top
Weymouth - Abbotsbury Road - Traffic Regulation Order reference: TRO/Weymouth/2021
Puffin Crossing removal - Abbotsbury Road, Weymouth (PC 2021)
Comment on Traffic Regulation Order Reference: TRO/Weymouth/2021
You can support, object or comment on this Traffic Regulation Order until Friday 30 April 2021.
Back to top
Car parking charges and tariffs - Traffic Regulation Order reference: TRO/car-park-charges-tariffs
Comment on Traffic Regulation Order Reference: TRO/car-park-charges-tariffs
You can support, object or comment on this Traffic Regulation Order until Thursday 22 April 2021.
Back to top
Walditch - various roads - Traffic Regulation Order reference: 2021/2/1
The County of Dorset (Various Roads Walditch) (30mph Speed Limit) (No1) Order 2021
Comment on Traffic Regulation Order Reference: 2021/2/1
You can support, object or comment on this Traffic Regulation Order until Thursday 13 May 2021.
Back to top
There are currently no Experimental Orders being advertised.