Information in the Dorset Historic Environment Record (HER) supports the work of Dorset Council and Bournemouth Christchurch and Poole Council in areas such as planning, education and countryside management.
We want more people to use and contribute to the Historic Environment Record across a wider cross-section of society, and to have the best possible experience when they do.
A Forward Plan for the HER has been developed and reviewed with input and involvement of a wide range of stakeholders. It refers to national benchmarks for HERs and draws upon an audit of the Dorset HER undertaken in 2019 as part of a programme managed by Historic England (the body with oversight of HERs in England) and sets out our objectives for the Historic Environment Record for the period 2021 to 2025.
HER Forward Plan
Read the Dorset Historic Environment Record Forward Plan 2021-2025
Get in touch if you would like to:
- tell us about examples of good practice
- suggest people or organisations we should go to for advice on matters such as accessibility and inclusion
- suggest groups and communities that we should consider as our plans develop
- be more involved in consultations for users or potential users of HER information
- take part in consultations for Dorset Council and Bournemouth Christchurch and Poole Council colleagues on access to HER information within those authorities