From the 1 December 2021 we have adopted the Institute of Licensing "Safe and Suitable" as the criminal record policy for the whole of the Dorset Council area, which has recently been out to consultation.

Apply for a street trading licence

If you want to sell in the street you must apply for a street trading licence in the area where you wish to sell.

Street trading licences are not issued in the North Dorset area.

I don't know my area

If you don't know which area you need to apply to, select it on the map and the area will be displayed.

Map accessibility and disclaimer Open map fullscreen

It is illegal to put up signs or stalls to sell something on the public highway (including grass verges).Trading as a news vendor or delivery rounds man, or on premises used as a shop or petrol filling station isn't street trading.

If you are selling food items you may need to register as a food business.