Digital Champions can help people to get online and give advice on any digital queries such as setting up and using devices including phones, tablets and PCs.
Digital Champions are a group of volunteers, mostly made up of retired IT professionals.
Face to face sessions
Our Digital Champions are now able to offer face to face advice at our libraries.
Sessions are available at:
- Bridport Library - every Monday 2.00pm to 4.00pm - starting 4 October
- Dorchester Library and Learning Centre - every Thursday 2.00pm to 5.00pm
- Ferndown Library - every Wednesday 9.30am to 12.15am and first and third Tuesday 2.30pm to 4.00pm
- Gillingham Library - every Saturday 9.30am to 1.00pm
- Littlemoor Library - every Wednesday morning
- Lyme Regis library - every Monday afternoon 2.00pm to 4.00pm - starting 8 Nov
- Portland Library - first and third Thursday 2.00pm to 4.00pm- starting 7 October
- Shaftesbury Library - every Thursday 2.30pm, 3.15 pm, 4.00pm and every Friday 10am, 10.45am, 11.30am - starting 15 Oct – Library team led sessions
- Swanage Library - every Friday 1.30pm to 4.15pm
- Verwood Library - every Friday 10.30am to 2.30pm
- Wareham Library - every Friday 9.30am to 12.15pm - starting 1 October
- Weymouth Library - every Tuesday 2.00pm to 4.45pm
- Wimborne Library - second and fourth Tuesday 10.30am to 12.45pm - starting 12 October
- Wyke Regis Library - every Wednesday afternoon 2.00pm, 3.00pm and 4.00pm (for 45 mins) - starting on 3 Nov
Book a session
You'll need to book a slot by calling the Digital Hotline on 01305 221048.
To ensure we are COVID secure:
- sessions are spaced apart to allow for cleaning in between
- perspex screens are in place to separate you and the Digital Champion
- 2 computer screens are used to maintain distance
Over the phone help
You can also still use our Digital Champion over the phone support through the Dorset Digital Hotline, which can resolve most queries.
Call us on 01305 221048
Anyone can call the Dorset Digital Hotline with an IT question on 01305 221048 (select option 2) weekdays (excluding Bank Holidays) from 10am to 12noon.
You can leave a message with your name and number outside of these times and we will call you back.
How we can help
A team member will take details of the help you need and then direct your call to the best advisor available. The team can offer digital support for a wide range of issues, no problem is too small.
- helping families with digital applications for home schooling
- providing help to get online for home shopping
- support for all digital NHS services
- setting up Skype to keep in contact with friends and family
Free online courses
If you'd prefer to get help online, Learn My Way offers free courses on using a computer, browsing the web, sending an email and finding work online.