Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. By continuing to use this site and closing this message you agree to our use of cookies.Find out more about cookies

Close alert

Coronavirus (COVID-19): updates and advice.

Apply for Council Tax support and Housing Benefit

You will need to complete the relevant application form for you in accordance with the instructions. Please check that there are no errors and then submit the form and supporting evidence. Supporting evidence for a benefit application must be provided straight away, and within one month of the date your form is received.

Supporting evidence can be provided by uploading documents within the online application form using the upload and attach file facility or by sending us an email quoting your National Insurance number in the subject line. 

Alternatively after submitting the application form, please submit your evidence documents online.

Please contact customer services for any support required with online forms or evidence submission.

New claim for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support

Before you apply, if you are of working age, please check if you should be applying for Universal Credit.

Start now


Standard Reclaim form

Complete this form if you are already claiming Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Support and one of the following has ceased:

  • Income Support

  • Job Seekers Allowance (Income Based)

  • Employment and Support Allowance (Income Related)

  • Pension Credit (Guarantee)

Start now


Self-employed earnings information form

Complete this form if:

  •  you or your partner are self-employed and if you do not have any trading accounts, or
  • you have just started your business

If you have just started your business, please project the business income and expenditure on the online form by ticking 'Estimated'. 

Do not fill in this form if If you are a director of a limited company. Instead, please provide your certified company accounts showing directors remuneration.

Start now


Submit evidence documents online

What this form is for

Do not use this form to provide proof of identification and/or National Insurance Number.
This evidence must be provided as original documentation directly to us:
Stour Valley and Poole Partnership, PO Box 722, Poole, BH15 2YE.

Use this form for all other supporting evidence to support your benefit application.

Files we accept

The type of files accepted as attachments are:

  • images (jpeg, gif, png)
  • PDF
  • TIF

There is a 5MB size limit on all evidence files. If you need to attach a Word Document, save it as a PDF first before attaching to this form.

Start now

If you want an email receipt, you must tell us your email address on the form.

Recover a saved form

To recover a partially completed form, you will be asked to enter the 10 character reference code you were given when you saved the form. If you do not have the character reference code, you will need to start the form again. We only keep partially completed forms for 30 days.

Start now

Privacy Notice

We use the personal information you give us to process your claim for Housing Benefit, Discretionary Housing Payment & Council Tax Support.

We have a legal requirement to obtain this information and a legal requirement to share it with certain government bodies for fraud avoidance, statistical analysis or financial management.

We use computer databases to process claims and store your information. The databases are held securely in a password-protected environment. Only authorised officers have access to the databases.

Revenue & Benefits Privacy Notice – Christchurch

Revenue & Benefits Privacy Notice - East Dorset

Revenue & Benefits Privacy Notice – North Dorset

Your feedback

This form is to report content that is wrong, or any issues or feedback you have about the web page.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.

General data protection regulation (GDPR)

We will only use the personal information supplied by you in accordance with GDPR. By giving us this information you are consenting to such use as set out in our privacy notice.