Housing Benefit helps you pay your rent if you're on a low income. Claiming Housing Benefit won't affect any other benefits you get.

We can no longer accept new claims for Housing Benefit as you will need to claim Universal Credit.

  • you or your partner are of state pension credit qualifying age, or
  • you live in specified accommodation, or
  • you live in temporary accommodation

You may claim Housing Benefit if you pay rent and your income, savings and investments are below a certain level.

How much you are entitled to depends on your personal circumstances, you can use benefit calculators for an idea of what you might be entitled to.