Contact Childline if you’re worried and want to talk to someone. They offer free 24 hour confidential support and information if you need to speak to someone.

You can speak to your teacher at school or go to your nearest  youth advice and information centre to talk to someone face to face and in confidence. Many youth centres have drop-in sessions and are happy to talk to you at any time if you have something you want to discuss.

You can also contact someone at the Dorset Safeguarding Children's Board if you're worried about something, feel unsafe or you're worried about someone else.

If you have concerns about the safety or well being of a young adult, visit  My Life my Care.

Stay safe on the internet

There are several services that can help you stay safe online:

If you're concerned about something online

If you've got a concern, either:

If someone has acted in an inappropriate way with you or with someone you know, report it on the Child Exploitation and Online Protection (CEOP) website:

CEOP report it

If someone has acted in an inappropriate way with you, or with someone you know, report it on the Child Exploitation and Online Protection (CEOP) website.

Parents and carers and the internet

Find out more about the internet; how you can keep your child safe online or support them if they're in trouble online:

For more support call the Safer Internet Helpline.

Bullying and peer pressure

Find out what to do if you're being bullied and who can help you stop it happening again:

Road safety advice

See our Travel Dorset pages and make yourself aware of the risks when it comes to road safety. Find useful advice and information whether you're a pedestrian, driver or cyclist.

Sexual assault

If you've been raped or sexually assaulted the Sexual Assault Referral Centre (The Shores) in Dorset is here to support you.

The Shores can help you deal with and recover from the emotional and physical side effects of the assault. We can support you to report the incident to the police, but only if this is what you want to do.

Domestic abuse

Find help if you've experienced any form of domestic abuse. This includes:

  • victim support
  • courses for survivors
  • support for children and young people who have seen domestic abuse

The law and victims of crime

Find out about young people and the law. Get advice if you're the victim of crime through these sites:

Homelessness and housing

Homelessness and housing advice for young people, including runaways support.

Health and relationships

See the NHS Health for Teens website for information about keeping healthy and safe, including sexual health advice and where to find support if you need help.

Young people's rights

Know your rights as a young person and help make decisions that might help other young people.

Find out more:

Dorset Combined Youth Offending Service (DCYOS)

DCYOS provides services from prevention and youth justice to helping to stop young people offending.

Share this page