Project and event fund for cost-of-living challenges, arts, museums, heritage, community, physical activity and play activities
Dorset Council project funding can help you to make a difference to people living in our communities.
The fund is a small project grant, funding up to 80% of total project costs. We are open to all applications that meet our criteria.
We offer grants from £1,000 to £5,000 to support the council to meet its core priorities. In round 4 Cultural applicants can apply for projects that meet the council’s cultural outcomes and priorities.
Cultural applicants can be considered for a cost-of-living project grant but can only submit one application in this round.
Voluntary and Community sector groups can apply in this round. However, applicants should note that round 4 will prioritise applications from the VCS that support the cost-of-living challenges that affect local communities.
As we expect demand for funding to be very high, we may award applicants less than they had originally applied for.
Round 4 of the Community and Culture Project Fund will open at 9am on Friday 4 November 2022.
This round will support applications that support Dorset Council’s Cultural priorities and outcomes.
Applications from Voluntary and Community sector organisations who are seeking a grant to support local community projects can still apply but we will prioritise grants to those projects that address and support the cost-of-living challenges for vulnerable communities and those most in need in the Dorset council area.
Details of the types of cost-of-living projects that can be considered will focus on:
- community warm rooms/spaces especially those in rural areas
- community food projects including lunch clubs, dinner clubs and community meals
- foodbanks including community fridges
- low level Mental Health projects
Key dates for round 4
Key dates to be aware of:
- project grant round 4 opens Friday 4 November 2022 at 9am
- project grant round 4 closes Monday 9 January 2023 at midnight
- grant panel meets by Monday 30 January 2023
- notifications of awards Friday 10 February 2023
- decision letters distributed by 20 February 2023
Cost of living challenges priority deadlines:
Please note that grants for cost-of-living projects will be assessed and awarded early to allow funds to reach community groups before winter. Key dates:
- cost-of-living applications will be assessed from 6 December 2022 onwards
- awards will be made by Friday 16 December 2022
The Arts Development Company can offer 1:1 advice and support with your application if you:
- are new to writing applications for cultural projects
- have a good project idea but need help with developing it ready for funding
They also offer a bid writing service if you do not have the expertise within your organisation,
You can contact the Arts Development by email or telephone
Email: email@example.com Phone: 01305 228528
Help to complete your online application
Call our Digital Dorset Hotline on 01305 221048 for help completing the online form.
They are available from 10am to 12 noon on weekdays (except bank holidays). At other times, please leave a message and they will get back to you.
In Jolly Good Company
We helped fund this gardening group for people with dementia in Dorset. Take a look at the amazing things they're doing, and how they're helping people find friendship and community.