Dorset, a great place to live, work and visit
This is the Dorset Council Plan, which sets out our ambitions for the next 4 years. It incorporates the political vision of your new councillors, and has been developed following a conversation with residents, town and parish councils, businesses and representatives from the public, private and voluntary sectors.
Our ambition is to put Dorset Council at the heart of the community. The reorganisation of local government in 2019 simplified administrative structures, which was a big step forward, but we continue to face some very significant challenges locally, nationally and globally.
- economic growth - we will deliver sustainable economic growth, increasing productivity and the number of high quality jobs in Dorset, creating great places to live,work and visit
- unique environment - we will help to deliver sustainable development while protecting and enhancing Dorset’s environment
- suitable housing - we will work with registered housing providers, community land trusts and local housing partners to deliver affordable, suitable and decent housing
- strong, healthy communities - we will work with residents and partners to build and maintain strong communities where people get the best start and lead fulfilling lives
- staying safe and well - we will work with all of our residents to have a good quality of life