If you are struggling to pay your rent, speak with your housing provider or landlord straight away and explain the situation. You can also get advice from Citizens Advice and/or a debt advisor. 

You may be entitled to claim Housing Benefit to help with your rent if you have low income. 

If you cannot afford the shortfall between your rent and your Housing Benefit you may be able to get extra help through the Discretionary Housing Payments. These are short term awards and should not be relied on as a permanent additional income.