If there is a genuine emergency and life is in immediate danger, call 999 for the emergency services.

We can only deal with problems on county roads. National Highways are responsible the A31, A303 and A35 west of Bere Regis trunk roads.

An emergency on the highway is something that will cause, or has already caused, injury to a person or damage to a property, including:

  • damage to street furniture caused by an accident or collision
  • obstructions, debris or hazards on the highway which could cause an incident
  • significant flooding of the highway
  • oil or fuel spillages significant enough to cause a hazard

Traffic signal failures (signalised junctions, crossings and temporary traffic lights at roadworks), must also be reported by phone so we can attend to the fault straight away. Please do not report these issues online.

You can contact us 24 hours a day

Dorset Highways

Name: Dorset Highways
Tel: 01305 221020
Full contact details

Please be as detailed as possible about the location of the incident you are calling about, use points of reference and road names so we can log and locate the issue quicker.

During severe weather, you may have to hold the line for an operator. Incidents will be dealt with in priority order and will only be remedied when the situation becomes safe enough for engineers to attend to.

Reporting minor issues and defects

You can report non-emergency problems online:

Report a pothole

Report a hedge, tree or verge issue

Report draining or flooding issues

Report something else