Contact us if you see any problems with roadworks, such as:

  • abandoned roadworks signs
  • not reinstating the street once the work is finished
  • inactivity on site
  • concerning practises by a workforce

Comments, enquiries and complaints

We try to make sure work happens with the least possible disruption and with safety of all road users at the heart everything we do, but we are not directly responsible for the actions of those working on the highway.

Most work should have at least one information board on site showing who is responsible for the activity.

Comments, enquiries and complaints about works and activities should be directed to the organisation carrying out the works. With some exceptions, most of the work on Dorset's roads are carried out by the following organisations:

Bournemouth Water

Name: Bournemouth Water
Tel: 01202 591111
Full contact details

Dorset Highways

Name: Dorset Highways
Tel: 01305 221020
Full contact details

National Highways (formally Highways England)

Name: National Highways (formally Highways England)
Tel: 0300 123 5000
Full contact details


Name: Openreach
Tel: 0800 023 2023
Full contact details

SGN (Southern Gas Networks)

Name: SGN
Tel: 0800 912 1700
Full contact details

South West Water

Name: South West Water
Tel: 0844 346 2020
Full contact details

Scottish and Southern Energy Networks (SSEN)

Name: Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks Customer Services
Tel: 08000 483516
Full contact details

Western Power Distribution

Name: Western Power Distribution
Tel: 0800 052 0400
Full contact details

Virgin Media

Name: Virgin Media
Tel: 0333 000 5925
Full contact details

If you don't know who to contact

If you don't know who to contact, submit a general enquiry and we will get back to you.

Share this page