Apply online

Apply for a free older person's bus pass online.

Apply by post

You can download a print-friendly version of the form to complete and post back to us.

Include your photograph in the envelope with the application form.

Please note: If you are unable to download an application form, copies are available from your local library.

Alternatively phone us on 0300 330 1201 from 9am to 4pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) and we will post a form to you. 

Please tell us if you need a large print version. 

Calls are charged at the national rate.

Renew your pass

If your pass is due to expire and your circumstances have not changed you do not need to do anything. Your new pass will automatically be sent to you about a week before your old pass expires.

If your circumstances have changed before your pass expires, you can amend your address or photograph online.

You should do this around 60 days before your pass expires.

When and where you can travel

You can travel free on local buses in Dorset from 9.30am to 11pm on Monday to Friday and any time at weekends and public holidays.

You are also entitled to free local bus travel in all other areas of England during these off-peak times.

Free travel throughout the week is available for blind and partially sighted people. For companion pass holders it is free from 9.30am to 11pm on weekdays and all day at weekends and public holidays.

Lost or damaged pass

If your pass is lost or damaged and your circumstances have not changed, you can request a replacement pass online. It costs £10 for a new pass.

Once your request is complete you will be prompted to make an online payment.

Call us if you cannot use the online portal or there is a change in your circumstances.

Stolen pass

If your pass has been stolen, we will send you a free replacement if you have reported the crime to the police. We will ask you for the crime reference number.

Once you have the crime reference number, call us to request a replacement.  

The replacement pass will be sent to you within 10 working days.

Preventing fraud

By law, councils have to protect public money. We may share information you provide with those responsible for auditing or administering public money in order to prevent or detect fraud. The council must send data held on concessionary travel passes.

Dorset Council has contracted Euclid Ltd to manage the process of Concessionary Bus Pass applications and enquiries.

Contact Eulcid Ltd.

Terms and conditions

Contact us

Dorset bus pass information line

Tel: 0300 330 1201
Full contact details

Share this page