GP Referral Membership at Verwood Hub
As an extra incentive for people on the Active 4 Health programme we offer a subsidised Membership at the Verwood Hub.
GP Referral Membership
Who it is for
If you are inactive, have a health condition or are recovering from injury, an exercise referral programme can help you take the first steps in becoming more active to improve your health and wellbeing.
The 12 week programme
This programme, which your GP or health professional can refer you to, includes 1-2-1 consultations with qualified exercise referral instructors, who will design a personalised exercise plan to suit your individual health needs, goals and interests. There are also weekly opportunities to join in with referral group exercise sessions, including; Healthy Hearts, Chair Fit, COPD Exercises and more.
How it works
- request a referral from your health practitioner e.g. GP or physio
- lifestyle Coordinator makes contact to agree your exercise pathway
- 4, 8 and 12 week consultations to review your progression
- regular exercise opportunities from classes to subsidised gym use
- contact with Lifestyle Coordinator again at 12 weeks, 6 months and 12 months to support your new healthy lifestyle
The benefits of exercise
There are many benefits to reintroducing exercise into our lives, from boasting mood and relieving stress to reducing the risk of heart disease and strokes.
Active 4 Health Payment Options
|12 Week Consultation process including induction
||£15 - Compulsory
|casual Gym Access (induction required)
|unlimited Gym Access (induction required)
||£19 per month (direct debit for 6 months only)
Please see our timetable for GP Referral Classes.
For more information contact the Active 4 Health Lifestyle Coordinator.