Transportation modelling and surveys
We have an experienced modelling team who have designed, managed and updated everything from large scale multi-modal models down to simple junction assessments. We are proficient in the latest techniques and software, including:
- Arcady and Picady
Our survey team has a wealth of experience in all survey techniques, both manual and automatic. They are all Chapter 8 trained and hold qualifications in traffic management.
Surveys available include those listed below, but we are flexible to any of your survey needs:
- automatic traffic counts including loop, tube and radar
- manual classified Link and Turning counts
- road side interviews
- automatic cycle counts
- speed surveys
- journey times (adhoc using GPS loggers or using our network of bluetooth detectors across locations across the county)
- queue lengths
- car park and on-street parking surveys
- mode split surveys
- video surveys
- pedestrian surveys: counts and interviews
- bus passengers: counts and interviews
Existing survey data
You can buy existing transport survey data. Our data covers many major and minor roads around the county.
View the traffic survey fees and charges.
Traffic flow data
View a summary of Annual Average Daily Traffic (AADT) flows for key roads in Dorset, collected for the Local Transport Plan.
If you require this data in another accessible format, please contact us.
Images left to right: Cycle and pedestrian counter on Weymouth Way, road side interview survey at Allington Avenue Dorchester and automatic traffic monitor in Lyme Regis.
To request any of these services or for more information, please email us: