Holwell Neighbourhood Plan Review Examination
As part of the Holwell Neighbourhood Plan Review examination the Council has submitted the existing 'made' plan, the updated plan, supporting documents, representations and Reg 17(e)(ii) statement to the examiner.
The examiner then wrote to us and Holwell Parish Council on the 29 June 2021 to clarify several initial procedural matters and to ask a number of questions.
Representations received to the submitted Holwell Neighbourhood Plan Review
As the local planning authority, Dorset Council was required to consult on the plan review before the examination took place. This consultation took place for seven weeks from Wednesday 31 March 2021 until Wednesday 19 May 2021. The responses received during this period are below.
Consultation on the Holwell Neighbourhood Plan Review
As the local planning authority, the council is required to consult on the review of the plan proposals before the examination takes place. The consultation process will run from Wednesday 31 March 2021 until the end of Wednesday 19 May 2021. This is an opportunity for individuals and organisations to comment on the Neighbourhood Plan review. An independent examiner will be appointed and any comments will be passed on to them for consideration as part of the examination process.
The Holwell Neighbourhood Plan Review is available to read together with the supporting documents which are as follows:
- Holwell NPR Submission Draft
- Holwell NPR Basic Conditions Statement
- Holwell NPR SEA Screening
- Holwell NPR Housing Background Paper
- Holwell NPR Facts and Figures
- Holwell NPR Consultation Statement
Other supporting evidence can be viewed on the neighbourhood plan website.
In the time of COVID-19 hard copies of the Neighbourhood Plan will not be available to view at the Dorset Council Office. The plan and the supporting documents can be viewed on the Holwell Parish Council website.
If you wish to comment please contact us by the end of Wednesday 19 May 2021.
Comments on the plan can be emailed to email@example.com
Holwell Neighbourhood Plan
Following a 'yes' vote in the referendum on 7 February 2019, West Dorset District Council officially 'made' the Holwell Neighbourhood Plan on 26 February 2019.
West Dorset District Council has taken the decision to make the Holwell Neighbourhood Plan (as modified in accordance with the Examiner's recommendations) part of the development plan for the Holwell neighbourhood area. The Report to the Council and the Adoption Decision Statement are available.
The Holwell Neighbourhood Plan referendum was held on Thursday 7 February 2019. From an electorate of 302 there was a turnout of 133 (44.04%). The result; votes in favour 109 (81.95%) and votes against 24 (18.05%).
The plan will now proceed to Full Council on 26 February 2019 where a decision will be made on making the Holwell Neighbourhood Plan part of the development plan for the Holwell parish area.
Holwell Neighbourhood Plan Referendum
Following the successful examination of the Holwell Neighbourhood Plan, West Dorset District Council agreed to enable the plan, as amended to proceed to referendum. The council released a Decision Statement to this effect.
The referendum was held on Thursday 7 February 2019 across the Holwell parish area.
The information made available for the referendum was:
- the Holwell Neighbourhood Plan Referendum Draft (as proposed and amended as a result of the examination)
- a Summary of Representations submitted to the examiner
- the Examiners Report
- the Decision Statement which includes a statement by the local planning authority that the plan as proposed meets the basic conditions
- the Information Statement which includes general information as to town and country planning including neighbourhood planning and the referendum
Neighbourhood Plan Examination
An independent examiner Mr Andy Mead was appointed after the decision to submit the Neighbourhood Plan for examination. His examination report was released on 28 November 2018 with the recommendation that the Holwell Neighbourhood Plan, should proceed to referendum, subject to modification.
Following the submission of the Holwell Neighbourhood Plan for examination, the examiner wrote to us and Holwell Parish Council on the 26 October 2018 to clarify several initial procedural matters.
As part of his examination of the plan, the independent examiner has to consider whether the plan meets certain basic conditions and satisfies legal requirements.
The basic conditions are set out in the legislation, and are intended to ensure that neighbourhood plans fit within their wider context. The plan must:
- have regard to national planning policies and guidance
- contribute to achieving sustainable development
- be in general conformity with the strategic policies of the development plan i.e. the West Dorset, Weymouth & Portland Adopted Local Plan
- be compatible with European Union law and human rights obligations
At the examination, an independent examiner will provide a review of the plan and make recommendations in accordance with the 2011 Localism Act and related regulations.
If the neighbourhood plan is approved following examination, and supported by a local referendum, it will be used to make decisions on planning applications.
Consultation on the Submitted Plan
As the local planning authority, the council is required to consult on the plan proposals before the examination takes place. The consultation process ran from Thursday 6 September 2018until Friday 19 October 2018. This was an opportunity for individuals and organisations to raise concerns they had about the plan with regard to the content and how it has been prepared. An independent examiner has been appointed and any concerns will be passed on to them for consideration as part of the examination process.
The Holwell Neighbourhood Plan is available to read together with the supporting documents which are as follows:
- Basic Conditions Statement and Map of the Plan
- Strategic Environment Assessment (SEA) Screening Report 2017
- Consultation Statement and Appendices
- Habitats Regulation Assessment (HRA) Screening 2018
- Site Selection and Selection Process
- Potential Housing Growth
- Facts and Figures 2018
- Appendix 1 Heritage and Character Appraisal
- Appendix 2 Planning Design Guidelines
- Appendix 3 Site Options Consultation
- Appendix 4 Holwell Map of all Sites Reviewed
- Appendix 5 Holwell Policies Map
- Appendix 6 Policies Map - Fosters Hill
- Appendix 7 Policies Map – The Borough
- Appendix 8 Ecological Assessments of Selected Sites
- Appendix 9 Dorset Explorer Map of Footpaths Bridleways and Rights of Way for Holwell
- Appendix 10 Dorset County Council Details of Footpaths Bridleways and Rights of Way
- Appendix 11 Dorset Explorer Map of Flood Areas in the Holwell Parish
- Appendix 12 Additional Information Regarding Listed Buildings
- Appendix 13 Locally Important Buildings and Structure
A hard copy of the plan is available at County Hall, Colliton Park, Dorchester and at Sherborne Library. Holwell Parish Council also has copies available, the Parish Clerk can be contacted if you want to arrange to see them. The Parish Clerk contact details are available on the Holwell Parish Council website