The Core Strategy Pre-Submission public consultation ran from 2 April 2012 for 12 weeks until 25 June 2012. This statutory stage in the production of the Core Strategy invited comments based around the tests of soundness on a number of draft policies.
The document can still be viewed by the following methods:
- through our online consultation portal, where all the responses received on the document can also be viewed
- the document can be downloaded as PDFs to read
- the responses received during the consultation can also be downloaded as PDFs
- the document is available to read at the Christchurch Civic Offices and the East Dorset District Council Offices
Further information and supporting documents
Background papers, supporting assessments and appraisals, an infrastructure delivery plan and evidence studies were produced to accompany the Pre-Submission document.
A Statement of the Representations Procedure was prepared in line with the requirements of the Town and Country Planning Regulations and a Public Notice was issued in the Bournemouth Echo, the Salisbury Journal, the Blackmore Vale Magazine, the Stour and Avon Magazine, the New Milton Advertiser and the Lymington Times.
Leaflets were produced and made available during the consultation period relating to key proposals in:
- Colehill and Wimborne Minster
- Corfe Mullen and Sturminster Marshall
- Verwood, Three Legged Cross, St Leonards & St Ives and West Moors
- West Parley Village
Help and guidance about the consultation was also provided in the Public Protocol and Guidance Notes, including the public exhibitions that took place.