West Dorset area shoppers' short stay parking permit
Shoppers' permits allow 2 hours parking (limited to one use a day) in the majority of our short stay car parks or 3 hours if a disabled badge is also displayed (this does not cover the Weymouth and Portland area).
Each permit can be used in two vehicles.
Shoppers permit cost
|Permit duration||Cost of using the permit in 1 vehicle||Cost of using the permit in 2 vehicles|
|6 month permit
|12 month permit
Car parks included
Apply for a shoppers' permit
Before you apply:
- you must pay the permit fee on application
- your permit will take 5 days to arrive
- we will need the registration number of any vehicles using this permit (maximum of two vehicles per permit)
- you can apply for either a 6 month or yearly permit
- if you change vehicle whilst your permit is still valid, you must let us know before you use the permit on your new vehicle
What happens next
Once you have submitted your online form and payment, you will receive an acknowledgement, receipt of your payment and a copy of the terms and conditions for the use of the permit. We will post your permit to you within 5 working days of receipt.
Change a vehicle registration number
If you purchase a new vehicle whilst your permit is still valid you can notify us and transfer the permit to a new vehicle. You will need to supply us with the existing permit number, details of your old vehicle and details of the new vehicle.
You must not use your permit until you have received confirmation from us that we have updated your vehicle details.