This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Need funding for a community project? We can help.

Posted on:

The latest round of the Capital Leverage Fund (Round 5) is now open and welcoming applications for projects which will provide new and improved facilities for communities and residents in the Dorset council area.

The grants, which are managed by Dorset Council, can help with funding towards a diverse range of projects, including village hall or community building enhancements, renovations, maintenance, or new build projects, including car parks, play areas, multi-use games areas, theatres, community sports clubs, sports pitches, and landscaping.

‘Not for profit’ community organisations who meet our criteria can apply for a capital grant of between £1,000 and £25,000, to fund up to 20% of their total project costs. Successful applicants will be required to secure the remaining 80% of costs before any grant is made available to them.

Projects need to meet at least one of the Dorset Council priorities and at least one of the Cultural Strategy priorities if you are applying as a cultural organisation.

Last year 11 grants totalling £90,146 were agreed to support local groups to enhance, adapt and improve their facilities and community spaces.

The council also welcome applications for capital projects that helps to address climate change themes, art, culture and heritage projects including accredited museums.

Aidan Dunn, Executive Director Corporate Development at Dorset Council, said: “We are committed to supporting active, healthy lives and reducing inequality in Dorset.

“We hope to see many applications for these grants as we know that the funding can significantly help local communities to improve and expand their facilities that are important to local people.”

Applications are open until Sunday 12 January 2025 and can only be accepted via the online application form.

Assessments takes place on Monday 30 September 2024 and again on Wednesday 29 January 2025.

Find out more on our website.

 To speak to someone regarding your application, contact a member of the team by emailing us at