Historic Environment Record Forum
Help to shape the development of the Dorset Historic Environment Record (HER). Come along to our next HER Forum meeting and give us your views.
We try, through the HER Forum to:
- involve current and potential users and contributors in the development of the HER
- bring wider knowledge and expertise from local communities and government, and the business, education and cultural sectors to the development of the HER
- inform the ways we all use and benefit from the information the HER contains
Sounding a bit too technical for you? We don't expect you to have any special knowledge - you just need to be interested in Dorset's history and heritage and how we record, promote and protect it. The meetings are quite informal - usually a drop-in session with table-top exercises.
The 2018 HER Forum meeting is on Thursday 8 November. We'll be in Dorchester Town Hall from 1.30pm to 4.30pm. Drop in for a chat. We'd like to know what you think about:
- future projects to update our records of Dorset’s past – what are your priorities?
- review of arrangements for access and charging for commercial use of HER data
- draft guidance on metal detecting on council farms
- long-term developments – what should we aspire to?
There will also be a display of sketches of possible landscaping around the Roman Town House - some very preliminary ideas to shape discussion - on which we'd like your comments.
If you would like to come to other HER Forum events, participate in consultations, be kept informed of progress by going on our mailing list, or want to suggest useful contacts, please let us know.