Clubs and community groups

Clubs and community groups can help you to:

  • order food
  • make friends
  • get out and about
  • get help at home
  • find carers
  • apply for benefits

You can also call our adult access team. We can help to stop a situation from getting worse.

Phone: 01305 221016


Lunch clubs

Lunch clubs can be a great place to meet people.

To find lunch clubs near you, go to the Our Dorset Community Directory


  1. the place where you live
  2. staying well and healthy
  3. social clubs and groups

Meal delivery

You can order hot, frozen and chilled meals from local companies. 

To find a food delivery service near you, go to the Our Dorset Community Directory.  


  1. the place where you live
  2. help, care and support in the home
  3. mobile meals

Social clubs and activities

To find social clubs, hobbies and activities near you, go to the Our Dorset Community Directory.


  1. the place where you live
  2. community support and activities

Volunteer Centre Dorset 

You can ask for a volunteer to keep in touch with you. It could be in person or over the phone.

Phone: 01305 269214

You can also request good neighbour services, such as collecting prescriptions or shopping.  

Silverline is a free helpline for older people. Call them on 0800 470 80 90.


Getting out and about

Some clubs provide community transport to their events. Find contact details for community transport in your area using Our Dorset Community Directory

Blue Badge (disabled parking)

Apply online for a Blue Badge

Phone: 01305 224 321


Disabled toilets

You need a RADAR key to use public disabled toilets. 
Some tourist information offices can lend you a key, or you can buy a RADAR key from Disability Rights UK (DRUK).  
Phone DRUK: 0203 687 0790

Assisted bin collection

Apply online for assisted bin collection if you cannot move your bins to the roadside.

Safe and independent living (SAIL)

Contact Age UK Dorchester for advice on heating your home, fire safety, memory loss and benefits.


Phone: 01305 269444

Contact Millbrook Healthcare for advice and support to make your home accessible.

Phone: 0333 0030010


If you look after someone such as a parent, partner, or friend, then you are a carer. Carers Support Dorset can give you the advice and support you need.  


Phone: 0800 368 8349


You may be entitled to money to help you to live independently in your home.

The Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) can help you to check that you are getting the right financial support.

Phone CAB Dorset: 0344 411 1444 

Alternative formats

We are committed to making our information and services accessible to all.  

If you would like this information in an alternative format, please contact us. 


Phone: 01305 221000