Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. By continuing to use this site and closing this message you agree to our use of cookies.Find out more about cookies

Close alert

Dog Warden Service

Stray, lost and dangerous dogs

Dog fouling

Report an incident of dog fouling

If you spot an incident of dog fouling you can report it to your local council with a short online form.

Dog fouling - what can we do? 

As a council we have designated areas where owners must clean up after their dog. Most public places are included.

The law enables orders to be made regarding cleaning up after a dog, the designation of dog exclusion zones, the designation of 'dogs on leads' areas and the control of a fixed number of dogs to be taken out for walks at anyone time.  A fixed penalty ticket or prosecution in the Magistrates Court may await anyone who is seen to break these orders.

All the areas associated with the orders are suitably signed or you may obtain copies of the order by contacting the relevant district authority. Additionally some parish and town councils have local byelaws with regard to dog control - again, look out for the signs.

Nuisance barking complaint

You should first try to resolve the problem early on by talking to whoever is responsible for the noise, before going down the formal complaint route. The Problem Neighbours website has some useful advice on how to do this. 

Dog control orders

Find out about dog control orders in place in the East Dorset area.

Rate this page

Have some feedback?

Your feedback

This form is to report content that is wrong, or any issues or feedback you have about the web page.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.

General data protection regulation (GDPR)

We will only use the personal information supplied by you in accordance with GDPR. By giving us this information you are consenting to such use as set out in our privacy notice.