Dementia Awareness Tier 2 Intermediate
We are now able to offer the courses shown below.
Dementia 2 Courses
| Date|| Venue|| Time|| Cost*||Availability|
|3 February 2021
||9:30am - 4pm
|4 March 2021
||9:30am - 4pm
*The cost has been reduced to reflect the fact it is online so it will now cost £28.
The Dorset Council People- Adults pricing policy changed from 1st April 2020 as follows:
- full day course - £50 per attendee
- half day course - £40 per attendee
Please be aware that these costs will also be incurred for attendees who are classified as a ‘late cancellation’ - cancels their place within 1 week of the course date - or a ‘no show’ on the day of the course.
It is expected that those attending have already completed a dementia awareness course (either online or face to face).
By the end of the course delegates will have a greater understanding of the following:
- types of dementia
- causes of dementia:
- Alzheimer’s Disease, Vascular Dementia, Lewy Body
- Frontal Temporal Dementias & Wernicke Korakoff
- Mental Test Scores to measure function
- Delirium definition causes and assessment
- review of memory function of dementia suffers and challenges processing information
- ethics in dementia care; truth telling, sexuality, ‘best interest’ decisions
- consent and confidentiality in dementia care
- managing dementia care in compliance with covid-19 regulations
- coronavirus impact of social isolation/social distancing and PPE on individuals and families living with dementia and their overall wellbeing
- adopting a person-centered approach to dementia care
- End of Life Planning and adapting to new ways of working with dementia care and COVID-19
People working with those who have, or who are at risk of developing dementia.
Apply for this course
Request a place on this course.