Privacy and cookies policy
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights that may be exercised free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, or find out more visit our data protection page.
To find out more about what we do with personal information, you can view Dorset Council's privacy notice
Cookies used on Dorset Council
Dorset Council puts small files (known as ‘cookies’) onto your computer to collect information about how you browse the site. A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored temporarily on your computer. A cookie cannot read data off your hard disk, read cookie files created by other websites or damage your system.
The Information Commissioner's Office have more information about how to manage cookies
Cookies on Dorset Council
| Name|| Purpose||Expires ||Company |
||Indicates whether the cookie bar has been accepted.
||Registers whether an alert has been read and hidden.
||Deals with the localisation in the header.
||Deals with the Adult social care shortlist.
Cookies across all sites
| Name|| Purpose||Expires || Company|
|| 33 months
|| 02 years
|| 24 hours
|| 1 minute
Website cookies used on our branded applications
A summary of cookies used by our specific branded applications. These will be updated as and when the web services change. Please note that most of them also use Google Analytics cookies, just as our main site does.
These cookies are deleted when you leave Dorset Council
Third party cookies
These are cookies set by other websites whose services we use on Dorset Council
Google Analytics - we use Google Analytics to gather aggregated information to understand how visitors engage with Dorset Council. Knowing which areas of content are most popular allows us to organise our content accordingly, making it easier for customers to find what they are looking for. The data is collected anonymously, reporting website trends without identifying individual visitors. The data collected is very helpful to us in improving this website, but you can opt out if you wish.
Jobs in Dorset - our jobs and recruitment functionality is provided by Abacus Recruit. These pages use three cookies:
- ASP.NET_SessionId - This identifies the information for your browsing session
- HighContrast - this tells the system if you have chosen to use the high contrast scheme
- InternalJobsCookie - This tells the system which users are allowed to see jobs that have an 'Internal Job' indicator set to yes
YouTube (Google) - we embed some videos from our Dorset Council YouTube account to provide add value to certain areas of content. A YouTube cookie is used to provide web analytics in terms of the number of times a video has been watched and/or shared.