Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. By continuing to use this site and closing this message you agree to our use of cookies.Find out more about cookies

Close alert

Coronavirus (COVID-19): updates and advice.

Who to talk to about your child and their needs

Speak to:

What to say

Tell them:

  • why you think your child has SEN
  • if your child learns at the same rate as other their age
  • what they can do to help
  • what you can do to help

They will use the SEND Code of Practice to work out if your child has SEN. This will help them decide how to support your child. 

What to do if a child's SEN needs aren't being met

If you're worried your child's needs aren't being met, speak to your school or childcare provider.

Ask to meet:

  • the SENCO (or the person responsible for these duties in an early years setting)
  • your child's key-worker or teacher

Speaking openly about your concerns at an early stage can help solve problems straightaway. 

Find out what else you can do if you're not happy.

Advice and support from the special educational needs and disability information, advice and support service (SENDIASS)

SENDIASS support those who have special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) and their families. They offer confidential, free and impartial information and advice.

Find out more about SENDIASS.

Your feedback

This form is to report content that is wrong, or any issues or feedback you have about the web page.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.

General data protection regulation (GDPR)

We will only use the personal information supplied by you in accordance with GDPR. By giving us this information you are consenting to such use as set out in our privacy notice.