NHS services available for SEND

Children with special Educational needs and disabilities (SEND) often need support from different health services.

This can come from a range of general NHS services, such as GPs and health visitors.

Some support is more specialised including:

  • planned hospital care
  • mental health services
  • learning disability support

These services need an assessment or referral. A health or social care professional can make a referral.