When choosing a childcare setting (this could be a nursery, pre-school or childminder) to best meet the needs of your child with SEND we recommend you:
- search our Family Information Directory to find childcare
- arrange to visit different childcare providers
- speak to the SENCO to discuss your child's needs; you need to find out what they will do to include your child
- ask if they have any specialist knowledge, or if they can access training to meet your child's needs
- read our advice on choosing childcare, including questions to ask
Read Coram's (for early years and childcare) guide to childcare for children with SEND.