Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. By continuing to use this site and closing this message you agree to our use of cookies.Find out more about cookies

Close alert

Coronavirus (COVID-19): updates and advice.

Complain about childcare

Complain about the quality of childcare

If you're unhappy with your childcare, discuss your concerns with the person in charge of the setting. The provider should have a complaints policy. If you are unable to resolve the issue or if you think Ofsted should be aware, you can complain to Ofsted.

Find out more about Ofsted's role in regulating childcare or call Ofsted.

Complain about childcare fees or funding

Your childcare provider should have a clear complaints procedure that's available to all parents. It should also include a procedure for parents who are not satisfied that their child has received early education funding in the correct way.

There are 3 early education funding schemes:

If you've made a complaint to your childcare provider and the matter has not been resolved, you can make a complaint to us by contacting our Family Information Service:

Your feedback

This form is to report content that is wrong, or any issues or feedback you have about the web page.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.

General data protection regulation (GDPR)

We will only use the personal information supplied by you in accordance with GDPR. By giving us this information you are consenting to such use as set out in our privacy notice.