Funding for full fibre broadband connections
The Government has a voucher scheme available to increase gigabit-capable connectivity in rural areas. It aims to help small and medium sized businesses and residential homes not currently due to receive a future-proof full fibre broadband connection.
Gigabit packages offer download speeds of up to 300mbps (megabits per second) today. The technology is capable of speeds of up to 1,000mbps when new packages become available. This exponential leap in speeds could benefit you and your business now and in the future.
Find out about broadband speeds and what speeds you need.
Am I eligible?
You may be eligible if you are:
- in a location which is primarily rural and remote and
- considered unlikely to benefit from any commercial investment by 2033
Rural Gigabit Connectivity Voucher Scheme
As part of the Government’s Rural Gigabit Connectivity programme, qualifying premises can come together and claim up to £3,500 per business and £1,500 per home towards a gigabit-capable (1,000 megabits per second) broadband connection.
How to sign up
Register your interest with your chosen supplier and they will check if the scheme is suited to you and your neighbours.
The step-by-step process to get a voucher towards your full fibre connection is:
- Find a registered supplier and sign up for a gigabit capable connection.
- Your supplier requests a voucher from government. They check you are happy to go ahead by email.
- Your supplier gets to work to deliver your new connection.
- Connected! Your supplier lets government know the work is done.
- Government checks with you by email that the service is live and working.
- Government will sometimes make further checks before they pay your supplier.
View the voucher scheme terms and conditions.
Scheme suppliers in Dorset
Our list shows suppliers which are most active in Dorset at the top:
- Wessex Internet Ltd
- The Fourth Utility Ltd
- BT Group plc
- Cerberus Networks
- Daisy Communications
- f8 Solutions Ltd
- Vaioni Group Ltd
- VOIP-UN Ltd
- Zen Internet Ltd
- Virgin Media Business Ltd
Your right to request a decent broadband service: What you need to know
Every home and business in the UK has the legal right to request a decent, affordable broadband connection subject to certain eligibility criteria. If you meet the criteria you will be able to request a network upgrade for your home or business.
Find out more and make a request.
Find out how Sun Salads, a family business near Cranborne, and residents along Coast Road, Burton Bradstock have benefited from Government broadband voucher schemes.