Weymouth Household Recycling Centre (Tip) (Lodmoor)
What can I take to the Weymouth Household Recycling Centre (Tip) (Lodmoor)
- Car Batteries
- Cartons (soup, juices etc)
- Christmas Trees (fake)
- Christmas Trees (real)
- Cooking Oil
- Disposable Vapes (dispose of in household battery box)
- Electrical Equipment
- Engine Oil (limited to 5 litres per visit)
- Fire Extinguishers (charges apply)
- Food waste
- Fridges and Freezers
- Garden Waste
- Gas Bottles (charges apply)
- Glass (charges may apply for sheets/panels)
- Hardcore (charges apply)
- Hard Plastics
- Household and Garden Chemicals Labelled (maximum 5 litres of each chemical)
- Large domestic appliances
- Lightbulbs - all types e.g. LED, fluorescent
- Mobile Phones
- Paper containers with metal ends
- Pillows and duvets
- Plasterboard (charges apply)
- Plastic Bottles
- Printer and toner cartridges
- Rubble (charges apply)
- Scrap Metal
- Small electrical items
- Soil (charges apply)
- Tyres (charges apply)
We recommend reading our site rules before visiting one of our Recycling Centres.
Charges for certain items
There are charges for bringing certain materials to Dorset Council household recycling centres.
Commercial waste is not accepted at this recycling centre at any time. Commercial waste can only be taken to our recycling centres in Swanage, Sherborne, Bridport and Blandford, with restrictions.
Vehicle and trailer restrictions at recycling centres
Please note that vehicle and trailer restrictions apply at our household recycling centres. Restricted vehicles must have a valid permit or hire agreement of a maximum of 3 days.
Vehicles that don't require a permit can use a trailer, but the maximum trailer bed size is 1.2 metres wide and 1.8 metres long (approx. 4ft x 6ft).
Vehicles that require a permit and are towing a trailer are not allowed to access our recycling centres.
Asbestos must be:
- cement-bonded type only
- double bagged
- a maximum one-off deposit of up to three cement-bonded sheets of 1.8m x 1.2m (approx. 6ft x 4ft) or 6 bags maximum (a bag is equivalent to a small, plastic, sand/aggregate bag from standard DIY stores (or similar) that can be safely lifted by one person). 2 bags equate to 1 sheet if taking a combination of sheets/bags.
- pre-booked online before being delivered to this site
- paid for upon arrival