Swanage Household Recycling Centre (Tip)
What can I take to the Swanage Household Recycling Centre (Tip)
- Printer and toner cartridges
- Large domestic appliances
- Pillows and duvets
- Car Batteries
- Christmas Trees (real)
- Christmas Trees (fake)
- Cooking Oil
- Electrical Equipment
- Engine Oil (limited to 5 litres per visit)
- Fire Extinguishers (charges apply)
- Fridges and Freezers
- Garden Waste
- Gas Bottles (charges apply)
- Glass (charges may apply for sheets/panels)
- Hardcore (charges apply)
- Lightbulbs - all types e.g. LED, fluorescent
- Mobile Phones
- Plasterboard (charges apply)
- Plastic Bottles
- Rubble (charges apply)
- Scrap Metal
- Soil (charges apply)
- Tyres (charges apply)
- Small electrical items
- Food waste
- Household and Garden Chemicals Labelled (maximum 5 litres of each chemical)
- Paper containers with metal ends
No thank you
- Asbestos (charges apply)
Charges for certain items
There are charges for bringing certain materials to Dorset Council household recycling centres.
Please contact W&S Recycling on 01202 979011 or speak with site staff to ascertain prices for disposal.
Asbestos cannot be taken to this recycling centre. Three Dorset recycling centres are licensed to accept cement bonded asbestos: Blandford, Wareham and Weymouth.
Maximum one-off deposit of up to three cement-bonded sheets of 1.8m x 1.2m (approx. 6ft x 4ft).
Asbestos must be pre-booked before being delivered onto site.
Van and trailer restrictions at recycling centres
Please note that van and trailer restrictions apply at our household recycling centres. Vans must have a valid permit or a hire agreement of a maximum of 3 days.
Vehicles that don't require a permit can use a trailer, but the maximum trailer size is 1.2 metres wide and 1.8 metres long (approx. 4ft x 6ft).
Vehicles that require a permit and are towing a trailer are not allowed to access our recycling centres.