Wareham Household Recycling Centre (Tip)
What can I take to the Wareham Household Recycling Centre (Tip)
- Printer and toner cartridges
- Large domestic appliances
- Asbestos (charges apply)
- Pillows and duvets
- Car Batteries
- Christmas Trees (fake)
- Christmas Trees (real)
- Household and Garden Chemicals Labelled (maximum 5 litres of each chemical)
- Cooking Oil
- Electrical Equipment
- Engine Oil (limited to 5 litres per visit)
- Fire Extinguishers (charges apply)
- Fridges and Freezers
- Garden Waste
- Gas Bottles (charges apply)
- Glass (charges may apply for sheets/panels)
- Hardcore (charges apply)
- Lightbulbs - all types e.g. LED, fluorescent
- Mobile Phones
- Plasterboard (charges apply)
- Plastic Bottles
- Rubble (charges apply)
- Scrap Metal
- Soil (charges apply)
- Small electrical items
- Tyres (charges apply)
- Food waste
- Paper containers with metal ends
Charges for certain items
There are charges for bringing certain materials to Dorset Council household recycling centres.
Commercial waste is not accepted at this recycling centre at any time. Commercial waste can only be taken to our recycling centres in Swanage, Sherborne, Bridport and Blandford, with restrictions.
Van and trailer restrictions at recycling centres
Please note that van and trailer restrictions apply at our household recycling centres. Vans must have a valid permit or a hire agreement of a maximum of 3 days.
Vehicles that don't require a permit can use a trailer, but the maximum trailer size is 1.2 metres wide and 1.8 metres long (approx. 4ft x 6ft).
Vehicles that require a permit and are towing a trailer are not allowed to access our recycling centres.
Asbestos must be:
- cement-bonded type only
- double bagged
- a maximum one-off deposit of up to three cement-bonded sheets of 1.8m x 1.2m (approx. 6ft x 4ft) or 6 bags maximum (a bag is equivalent to a small, plastic, sand/aggregate bag from standard DIY stores (or similar) that can be safely lifted by one person). 2 bags equate to 1 sheet if taking a combination of sheets/bags.
- pre-booked online before being delivered to this site
- paid for upon arrival