Our online services for Council Tax, Benefits and Business Rates are currently unavailable due to system changes. We aim to have this service available again on 26 November 2021. We apologise for any inconvenience. If you require urgent assistance please email benefits@dorsetcouncil.gov.uk

Before you apply

If you or your partner is of working age and you are seeking assistance with your rent, please first check if you should apply for  Universal Credit.

We prefer you apply online. This speeds things up, saves public money and frees up time so we can support those who are unable to apply online.

Apply for Housing Benefit

Tell us your postcode so we can direct you to the correct application form.


Share this page