Applications for round 3 are now closed.
Project and event fund for arts, museums, heritage, community, physical activity and play activities
Dorset Council project funding can help you to make a difference to people living in our communities.
The fund is a small project grant, funding up to 80% of total project costs. We were open to all applications that met our criteria.
We offer from £1,000 to £5,000 to support the council to meet its core priorities. All applications were welcome but priority was given to projects benefitting marginalised people.
You can find out more about Dorset communities from the Dorset Insight Page.
We may need further information if you are successful. As we expect demand for funding to be very high we may award applicants less than they had originally applied for.
Key dates for round 3:
- project grant round 3 opens Friday 29 April 2022 at midnight (change from 9am)
- project grant round 3 closes Monday 27 June 2022 at midnight
- grant panel meets by 15 July 2022
- notification of award by 20 July 2022
- decision letters distributed 29 July 2022
Key dates for round 4:
- project grant round 4 opens Friday 4 November 2022 at 9am
- project grant round 4 closes Monday 9 January 2023 at midnight
- grant panel meets by Monday 30 January 2023
- notifications of awards Friday 10 February 2023
- decision letters distributed by 20 February 2023
The Arts Development Company can offer 1:1 advice and support with your application if you:
- new to writing applications for cultural projects
- have a good project idea but need help with developing it ready for funding
They also offer a bid writing service if you do not have the expertise within your organisation,
You can contact the Arts Development by email or telephone
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 01305 228528
Help to complete your online application
Call our Digital Dorset Hotline on 01305 221048 for help completing the online form.
They are available from 10am to 12 noon on weekdays (except bank holidays). At other times, please leave a message and they will get back to you.