Health and safety team privacy notice
What services are being provided?
Health and safety.
Services we provide
Statutory services health and safety, health and safety training, accident and incident reporting and recording.
What personal information do we need from you?
The personal information we may need from you consists of:
- email address
- telephone numbers
- emergency contact details
- date of birth
- job title
- first aid or emergency details
What Special Category (sensitive) Data might we need?
In order that we may deliver services appropriate to your needs we may also ask for the following ‘special category’ (sensitive) information about you, which may include:
- trade union membership (on occasion)
- health and pre-existing injury data
Information we may receive
Personal information about you from others
To help us provide services appropriate to your needs we may receive personal information about from others such as:
- health and safety executive
Who might use your personal information?
The following organisations or departments may use the information you provide:
- Dorset Waste Partnership
- managers within own and other department/directorate
- Health and Safety Executive
The Data Controller is Dorset Council.
The Data Protection Officer for Dorset Council may be contacted at email@example.com
What might your information be used for and what is the public task for requesting and using it?
Your information will be used for:
- statutory reporting of accidents under RIDDOR regs 2013, collation of accident/incident statistics and trend analysis
- production of pre and post training documentation
If we cannot use your data we may not be able to provide you with these services.
What is the lawful basis for us to use your information?
The lawful basis for us to use your information is lawful basis.
Our Lawful or legal basis for using your information can be found on the Information Commissioner's website.
Organisations we may share your information with
In some cases we may have to share your personal information with other agencies such as:
Will your information be stored in, processed or accessible from countries outside the UK, EU or EEA countries?
No, your information will not be stored in, processed or accessible from countries outside the UK, EU or EEA countries.
How long will we keep your information?
- 6 years for accident/incident forms
- 90 Years for reports of asbestos release
- up to the age of 21 for a child’s accident incident form