Children's services - governor services team- privacy notice
What services are being provided?
Children’s Services, Schools and Learning Service.
Services we provide
- guidance and advice
- governing body support
- records management
- clerk support
What personal information do we need from you?
The personal information we may need from you consists of:
- email address
- telephone numbers
- date of birth
- bank account details of non-council course trainers
What Special Category (sensitive) Data might we need?
In order that we may deliver services appropriate to your needs we may also ask for the following ‘special category’ (sensitive) information about you, which may include:
- ethnic origin
Information we may receive
Personal information about you from others
To help us provide services appropriate to your needs we may receive personal information about from others such as:
- governing bodies
- other internal departments
- non Dorset Council trainers
Who might use your personal information?
The following organisations or departments may use the information you provide: Personal information about you from others
- Dorset Council governor services trainers
- Dorset Council safeguarding team
- Dorset Council HR (clerk details only)
- Dorset Council educational advisory team
- director and assistant director of children’s services
The Data Controller is Dorset Council
The Data Protection Officer for Dorset Council may be contacted at email@example.com
Dorset Council may use an additional external information technology provider (if appropriate – e.g. Servelec for Social Care) which will process your data (a Data Processor) for these and related activities.
What might your information be used for and what is the lawful basis for requesting and using it?
Your information may be used for:
- providing services as outlined above
- using anonymised data to identify and plan training courses
- identifying suitable governors to support other governing bodies
- identifying gaps in training
- supporting schools in planning and delivering a high standard of educational performance
Please note that if we cannot use your data we may not be able to provide you with these services.
What is the lawful basis for us to use your information?
Our Lawful or legal basis for using your information can be found on the Information Commissioner's website.
To enable us to provide this service we may process or share your data using Article 6.1.e of the GDPR.
Organisations we may share your information with
The following organisations or departments may use the information you provide:
- non Dorset Council governor trainers.
Will your information be stored in, processed or accessible from countries outside the UK, EU or EEA countries?
No, your information will not be stored in, processed or accessible from countries outside the UK, EU or EEA countries.
How long will we keep your information?
For legal and operational reasons Dorset Council will retain your data for 6 years after a governors final term has finished (using information provided to us) at which point it will be destroyed or archived.