The services we provide
Information held about youth workers and other professionals working with young people in Dorset who:
- register to complete a youth work qualification
- register to attend a youth work training course
Also young people who undertake young leaders' training.
Personal information we need from you
The information we collect about people registering to complete a youth work qualification or young leaders' training is:
- full name
- youth placement or work address, including postcode
- line manager's contact details
- home address
- email address
- telephone numbers
- relevant training and qualifications undertaken
- date of birth
- any learning support needs
People registering to join a course set up an account on Dorset Nexus, the training booking system for people working with children and young people.
Find information about how Dorset Nexus processes personal data.
The special category (sensitive) data we might we need
In order that we may deliver services appropriate to your needs we may also ask for the following ‘special category’ (sensitive) information about you, which may include:
- ethnic origin
- any learning support needs
When discussing learning support needs some learners disclose sensitive information relating to their physical and/or mental health. They may also disclose information about their reading level or disabilities.
Information we may receive
Personal information about you from others
In order to assess learners' progress we are required to get feedback from those undertaking a qualification or training course from their place of work. This includes feedback from colleagues and young people.
How we use your personal information
The following organisations or departments may use the information you provide:
- youth work training team; all of the information
- qualification awarding body; some of the information
What your information might be used for and the lawful basis for requesting and using it
Your information may be used for:
- assessing suitability for the qualification or course
- communication with learners, employers and emergency contacts
- data analysis of learners by the awarding body
- making reasonable adjustments to support learners
The lawful basis for us to use your information
Find our lawful basis for using your information on the Information Commissioner's website.
Our general processing is necessary for us to perform our public tasks as a local authority under Article 6(1)(e) of the GDPR.
When we process special category data the processing will be based on:
- your consent in the case of health information used to support learning needs
- paragraph 4, schedule 1 of the Data Protection Act 2018 in the case of sensitive data processed for statistical purposes
Organisations we may share your information with
In some cases we may have to share your personal information with other agencies such as:
- the qualification awarding body
- external agencies funding qualifications, for example, National Youth Agency and Youth Focus South West
With permission of learners we may share information with Dorset Youth Association, but only the names of those registered on qualifications and work place.
Information stored in, processed or accessible from countries outside the UK, EU or EEA countries
Your information will not be stored in, processed or accessible from countries outside the UK, EU or EEA countries.
How long we keep your information
We destroy personal information collected about learners within one year of them completing the qualification or training course.