Who we are
Since 1985, YOU provides people with the help they need to realise their dreams of independence, security, stability, happiness, and freedom.We help people in our communities who need care, support, and advice due to poverty, homelessness, disability, age, ill health or abuse to have the life they want.
Paragon are a team of passionate people, working in domestic and sexual violence &abuse and stalking services. Some of us are experts by lived experience and some by work experience and knowledge. We believe there is no ‘you and us’ at Paragon — only us, we work together with you, using our combined experiences and knowledge to keep you safe to live a life free from violence and abuse.
We work across the South Coast of England providing support, advocacy, advice, guidance and information to all women, men and children including people who self-id under the LGBTQ+ umbrella and live within our BAME communities. We also have bespoke projects for perpetrators and work closely with commissioned providers of perpetrator services.
We strive to offer inclusive, innovative, and excellent services so that people who have/are experiencing domestic abuse, sexual violence and stalking can access the right support at the right time. Our team is specialised, experienced, and prepared to be therefor you throughout this difficult time.
What is domestic abuse?
Domestic abuse can be any incident of controlling, coercive, psychological, sexual, physical, economic or emotional abuse. It can be a single incident or a number of incidents occurring between people aged 16 or over who are or have been in a relationship or are family members, irrespective of their gender or sexuality.
How can we help?
Paragon is proud of its ground-breaking and inclusive services. Paragon provides the following
- Sanctuary (Target Hardening)
- Emotional Support
- Safety Planning
- Support and Recovery Groups
- Children and Family Work
- Independent Stalking Advocate
- Children and Young People’s Advocate
- Our inclusive refuges accommodate individuals and couples, single men and mums or dads with children who are unable to access most mainstream refuge
Important contact details
For enquiries please call:
- Hampshire 0800 916 9878
- Dorset 0800 032 5204
- Isle of Wight 0800 234 6266
- West Sussex 01403 229017
- The National DV Helpline 0808 2000 247
- The Survivors Trust 0808 801 0818
- Rape Crisis Helpline 0808 802 9999
- Respect Perpetrators 0808 802 4040
- Respect Men’s Advice 0808 801 0327
- Galop LGBT Domestic Abuse Helpline 0800 9995428
In an emergency dial 999.