If you live in the Dorset Council area and need advice on your housing options or want to know what can be done to enable you to stay in your own home, please contact your Housing Department or Housing Advice Centre.

Homeless Prevention Service

First Point is a Dorset wide homeless prevention service which can also support those experiencing domestic abuse.


Refuges provide a place of safety for women, and their children, who need to leave home because of domestic abuse. There are two women's refuges located in Dorset which are part of the Paragon (please note You First has rebranded to Paragon) integrated service. Refuge accommodation is also available in Bournemouth, Poole and elsewhere in the country.

Contact details for refuges, and other local and national organisations which can provide help and advice to victims of domestic abuse can be found in where to get help.

Share this page