We support a well established volunteering program for young people aged 14 to 25 in all libraries.
Most volunteer roles have a minimum requirement of 10 hours in total. Further hours and times can be flexible.
Young volunteers can be accredited for volunteering or we offer support if you are already working towards an award. Find out about Duke of Edinburgh Award volunteering.
Summer Reading Challenge Champion
The Summer Reading Challenge Volunteer role includes:
- promoting and joining up children to the Summer Reading Challenge
- talking to children (mainly aged 4-11) about their books
- handing out their rewards and incentives
- encouraging them to share their enthusiasm for reading
- helping with displays and activities in the library
Volunteering with the Summer Reading Challenge has been such a thrilling and rewarding experience, one which has most definitely improved my confidence as well as my CV!"
Jade, Summer Reading Challenge Volunteer 2016.
Activity and events volunteer
Activity and events volunteer role includes:
- helping children to complete the Arts Award
- preparing materials
- assisting children and families at craft and story sessions
- opportunities to assist the Service Development Team with creating, marketing, promoting and hosting of events
Other volunteering opportunities for young people
Find out about other volunteering opportunities.