There will be some further funding available to help households who do not qualify under the core Energy Rebate scheme. This is a discretionary fund which will support those suffering financial hardship because of the rising cost of living. It will include support for those residents in Council Tax bands E to H.
Each council has had to design a scheme to support its residents. Read the full scheme now.
The scheme is largely based on pre identification. This means the greatest number of customers will receive help. The rebate will be credited to Council Tax accounts to help qualifying residents.
We have identified the following groups for auto award:
- £150 to households in bands E to H in receipt of Local Council Tax Support or
- £150 to households where a Council Tax disregard is applied (where some residents are apprentices, carers, students, severely mentally impaired) or
- £150 to households in bands F-H which receive the Disabled Persons/Band Reduction for council tax or
- £150 to households of newly banded properties or where a band reduction has meant they would have retrospectively qualified under the main scheme at the point of data extract and meet all the main scheme qualifications
- a top up to households in Bands A to H that are in receipt of Local Council Tax Support and where a rebate has been paid. The top up value will be assessed after all awards of £150 have been made
What is an account credit?
To reduce the onus to supply bank details, awards will be made directly onto individuals Council Tax accounts. Where we make an award of £150, we will write to you to confirm the situation.