How this could help your child?

Your child could:

  • have access to extra resources and equipment suited to their needs
  • have new play, learning and activity experiences
  • be more prepared for starting school

Childcare providers have to show to Ofsted how they have used the funds to improve your child's education. If your child moves to another provider, and you are still eligible, your funding will get transferred.

Do I qualify?

Your childcare provider may be able to get the funding if you receive one of the following benefits:

  • Income support
  • Income based Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • Income related Employment and Support Allowance
  • support under part six of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit) and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190
  • Working Tax Credit run on, which is paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
  • Universal Credit - your household income must be less than £7,400 after tax, not including benefits you get

You may also be eligible if your child:

  • has been looked after by the local authority in care for at least one day
  • has been adopted from care
  • has left care through special guardianship
  • is subject to a child arrangement order

What do I need to do?

If you think you are eligible, talk to your childcare provider. They will check if you are eligible and will apply for the funding.