There is no legal right of appeal against a decision about Discretionary Housing Payment but we have set up an informal procedure. If you disagree with the decision we have made you can request that it is reviewed within one month of the decision date.

This request can be emailed to us at or you can write to the Revenues and Benefits Service, Dorset Council, County Hall, Colliton Park, Dorchester, Dorset, DT1 1XJ. You need to explain why you disagree with the decision.

A Senior Officer will then look at your application again and decide whether the original decision was correct or they will make a new decision. We will try and do this within 10 working days of receiving your request.